The Coroner of Leicester City and South Leicestershire takes no responsibility for the contents of or advice offered on the sites listed below.
The information has been put into groups for your convenience. Click on the relevant heading to go straight to the group you need.
- Bereavement Register - The Bereavement Register is a service which aims to reduce the amount of direct mail sent to those who have died by enabling companies to remove details from their lists.
- Brake, the road safety charity - A road safety charity working with communities and organisations across the UK to stop the tragedy of road deaths and injuries, make streets and communities safer for everyone, and support people bereaved and seriously injured on roads.
- Child Bereavement UK - Supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
- Coroners' Court Support Service – A registered charity whose volunteers give emotional and practical support to families and other witnesses attending Inquests at the following Coroner's Courts.
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Provides support after a death of someone close.
- Disaster Action - Provides resources and information for the bereaved and survivors of major disasters that occur in the UK and overseas.
- Downloadable Death Notification Form for the Bereaved - Related to all deaths
- Grief Encounter - helping bereaved children
- Hope Again - young people living after loss - This is a website designed for young people by young people. (Developed by Cruse)
- Hub of Hope - A smart phone app which provides information on local support services;
- If U Care Share - A charity promoting emotional wellbeing in young people & supporting families affected by suicide.
- INQUEST – A charity, independent of government, providing free advice to people bereaved by a death in custody and detention.
- Mesothelioma Help Now - A source of support for those affected by Mesothelioma.
- National Homicide Service - A leaflet produced by Victim Support for those bereaved through murder or manslaughter.
- Papyrus - A national charity for the prevention of young suicide.
- Roadpeace - A national charity for road crash victims.
- Samaritans - Samaritans provides confidential, non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day, for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
1a Elmfield Avenue,
If it is too difficult to talk then email the Samaritans.
- Sudden Adult Death Trust
- SUDEP Action - Provides support for those affected by epilepsy-related deaths.
- Support After Suicide - Signposts to help and support for those affected by suicide.
- WAY Widowed and Young - A charity in the UK for men and women aged 50 or under when their partner died.
- Winston's Wish - an organisation dedicated to helping children cope with the loss of a parent, grandparent, brother or sister or friend.
Organising a Funeral
It is very important that you do not confirm a date for the funeral or repatriation flight until the Coroner has completed her investigations.
Advice on how to deal with organising a funeral can be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau, Minister of Religion or Religious Leader. We also have some advice on our Funeral Arrangements page.
To locate a Funeral Director in the Leicestershire Area
Muslim Burial Council of Leicestershire
394 East Park Road,
Leicester, LE5 5HH